Sunday, July 26, 2009

8 Weeks Already???






Wow! This prep is flying by and I am just now feeling like I am on track and have my head in the right place :S I started out great at the 12 weeks mark but then I had surgery and it all fell apart. I had varicose vein ligation surgery and from what I understood was supposed to be quite simple. I had actually planned to be back into work at 7 am the next morning and resume my regular workouts on Monday (the surgery was Thursday!). I was sadly mistaken as I was unable to move from my couch until Monday morning at which point and went into work but only lasted 1/2 a day. I worked 1/2 days Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and finally a full day on Friday. I struggled through my upper body workouts but had to skip the cardio and legs. This was unfortunate because the was the week I was to start my cardio twice a day :S Spending the weekend on the couch was also not very good for the diet because I went from not eating at all for a couple of days (anesthetic) to eating whatever was convenient because I was unable to stand long enough to prepare my proper diet food.


Anywho...the good news is that when I went in for my follow up this past Monday the kind doctor removed the tensor bandage (which was wrapped tightly from my hip to my toes)...the dressings, and the stitches and sent me on my way :) :) :) It was like as soon as that dang tensor came off and removed some of the pressure I felt 100% better. I went right back to work and hopped on the bike for a 45 minute cardio session! As soon as I did that my mood improved and I was back in the game. It's really quite funny how much exercise effects our lives. That week without being able to do my proper workouts and my diet not on track I was miserable!


This past week has been good, I got in all of my cardio and weight workouts and stuck to the diet 100%. I know this is how EVERY week has to be from here on in and I am ready!

1 comment:

  1. I like the new look/name to your blog! Just checking in girl! My fiance (hubby as of this weekend!) has a show on the same day. Keep us updated!

    Train hard!

    ReplyDelete