Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

I enjoyed my first ever sober "Black Top Hop" last night and it wasn't so bad. The 'Hop" is thee event of the year in Caledonia and is attended by thousands. It is always the day before Canada Day and a huge drunkfest. I knew this year would be a whole new experience sans the alcohol but I went anyway because I told myself that I would not sacrifice my summer because of my diet. And...I think this is the first Canada Day in several years that I have not spent on my couch...I actually worked today! I was still a little tired because I didn't get home until 12:30 and had to get up at 6:30 am but at least the day wasn't a write off. That is one thing I learned over the last couple months when I did choose to drink. For a couple of hours of fun you pay for it for at least 3 days. The following day would be a total waste and then my workouts would suffer all week. So not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment